Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Scramble Spice


 
Homemade Tofu Scramble Spice. I know, not the most exciting first mofo post, but sometimes getting back to basics is good.

Made with my new favorite onion powder ~ Penzey's granulated toasted onion! I used to hate the smell of onion powder and would use only when absolutely necessary. But no more- thanks to this stuff!
 Measure everything into a small bowl

 Then mix it up so that this:

 becomes this:


Recipe

1/3 cup nutritional yeast 
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp mustard powder
pinch of smoked paprika
several turns of the pepper mill (1/4 tsp?) black pepper 
pinch of black salt for more eggy flavor -optional

I just funnel mine into an old spice jar that I labeled tofu spice. So much quicker when you make your scrambles! You can even double or triple the batch.

2 comments: